19 March 2010
Below you will find the Legal General Auction Terms & Conditions. At the time of registration each Registered Auction Bidder is provided with a physical copy of the terms & conditions as well as other useful information pertaining to the event which you are attending. We have included a copy for those interested in attending one of our events online so you may read through the terms & conditions at your leisure.
Please Read Carefully & CompletelyPayment: Full payment same day by Cash, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Company and/or Personal Checks. No purchases will be removed until paid for in full.
- Prospective bidders must present a valid drivers license or acceptable photo I. D. to obtain a bidder card.
- 12.5% Buyer's Premium shall be added to the top bid to become part of the purchase price. Buyer's Premium: The Buyer's Premium is that portion of the commission(s) which is being paid by the buyer. It is clearly understood and agreed by both the buyer and the Seller that the Auctioneer and Broker represent the Seller only.
- Sales tax will be charged unless the buyer has a dealer's resale certificate that is directly related to the industry that is being sold. Prospective buyer should present their resale information at the time of registration.
- Any deletions or additions to the sale will be announced by the auctioneer either before or during the sale. Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any property prior to auction.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to start bidding and/or set reasonable bidding increments.
- On all items upon which there is a reserve the auctioneers shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller and all person present are eligible to bid.
- All items in the sale are being sold, as is, where is without warranties or guarantees and with all faults. Bidders should satisfy themselves as to the usefulness and value of each item. Any statement made by the auctioneer or seller regarding the items to be sold should be considered a guide and guide only. Any error in description does not relieve the buyer or his agent of their responsibilities. Any dispute among bidders will be settled by the auctioneer at his sole discretion, and his decision and remedy will be deemed final.
- The lotting and order of the auction will be at the sole discretion of the auctioneer. Ownership title passes upon the fall of the Auctioneer's gavel, and thereafter the property is at the risk of the buyer and neither the seller, nor the auctioneer shall be responsible for loss or damage.
- Buyer's Responsibilities: Buyer assumes full responsibility for all items purchased when the auctioneer declares it sold. Auction company is not responsible for security or the security of the items purchased. Auction company is not responsible for missing or misplaced items.
- Any adjustment in count must be brought to the attention of the auction staff before payment is made and settled on sale day.
- Buyers assume all responsibility for removal, transportation and handling of purchases. Buyer must bring any wrapping or packaging materials he/she needs to protect their merchandise for loading and transport. Labor upon customer request MAY be made available to assist customer in loading the customers vehicle, However UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE is this labor responsible for the decisions as to how the customer should pack or load the customers vehicle (with the customers owned merchandise) ; whether made orally or not ; nor to the safety of the customers vehicle or merchandise during transport. All customers who have decided to pick up merchandise are doing so at their own risk. By doing so you have waived the provided service of contracting the professional movers made available to you/them. This service is made available for the benefit of the customer and customer acknowledges that this service provider is not an agent of the seller. The seller and shipper sole financial responsibility to the customer who by separate contract utilizes this delivery service option agrees that in the unfortunate event that if damage occurs in transit. That if they decide to seek a refund that they are ONLY entitled to receive the refunded value of the purchase price of the item or items that sustained damage and for the price that the customer paid at the auction or sale.
- Removal of items on Sale Day, By Appointment, or advertised times ONLY. The Auction company will not be responsible for items that are not removed within the time period allowed--to be announced. Any item not removed on time will be deemed abandoned. Purchaser accepts full responsibility for all costs incurred by auction company for removal, storage, and/or disposal of abandoned merchandise. ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE CLOSE OF THE SALE UNLESS EXTENDED IN WRITING BY SELLER.
- All buyers must acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions provided at the time of registration.
- Announcements made on sale day supersede any and all previously released information including all oral or printed matter regardless of the medium. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary this document can not be changed and will be deemed the full understanding of both parties concerning all subjects which it concerns UNLESS CHANGED IN WRITING.
NO PICK UPS WHILE THE AUCTION IS GOING ON... BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ALL ITEMS PURCHASED MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE CLOSE OF THE FINAL DAY OF THE SALE UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING AND THAT ALL MERCHANDISE EITHER NOT PICKED UP OR ARRANGED FOR DELIVERY PRIOR TO THE 72 HOUR WINDOW WILL BE DEEMED FORFEITED AND/OR BUYER WILL PAY AN ADDITIONAL 10% PER DAY FEE FOR STORAGE UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT THE MERCHANDISE IS GIVEN TO CHARITY OR RE-SOLD FOR PAYMENT OF STORAGE FEE AT WHICH TIME SELLER WILL BE RELEASED FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIMS FROM BUYER.